ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS
1. You must file an application before EACH election for which you want to vote by mail. So, if you want to vote by mail for the November 3, 2020 General Election, you must fill out this form.
2. Indiana requires a reason to vote by mail in the November 3, 2020 General Election. Covid-19 is not one of the excuses.
3. IMPORTANT: Our mail is sent to Fort Wayne for sorting and then sent back to the St. Joseph County. You must keep this in mind when mailing your application and especially when mailing your ballot. So, mail both your application and ballot as soon as you receive them. We suggest the following:
a) Mail in your application as soon as possible and no later than October 6, 2020.
b) Mail in your ballot as soon as possible and we recommend no later than October 19, 2020. The sooner the ballot is mailed, the better.
c) Applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis beginning in mid-September.
d) Ballots are sent out beginning September 19, 2020
e) If you receive your ballot after October 20, 2020 you may want to consider hand delivering the ballot to the St. Joseph County Clerk’s office.
4. You may hand deliver your ballot during normal business hours at the County Clerk’s office.
a) In Mishawaka, from 8am, October 6 until Noon, November 2nd. The Clerk’s office is on the first floor of the County Services Building.
b) In South Bend, from 8am, October 6 until Noon, November 3rd. The Clerk’s office is in the basement of the County-City Building.
5. Call my cell 574-276-6465 if you have any questions.
6. REMEMBER: VOTE WESTERHAUSEN